English Proficiency Programs
The JROOZ English Proficiency programs are support programs to the regular Unlimited and Intensive programs for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). These include two levels Intermediate and Advanced. Each consists of a two-part program and targets students with specific diagnostic test scores in the IELTS and TOEFL. These programs aim to strengthen the language foundations for IELTS and TOEFL of test takers, therefore, fast-tracking their readiness to take the test.
The first part of the Intermediate Grammar program is recommended for students with diagnostic scores ranging from 4.0-5.0 (IELTS) and 60-79 (TOEFL), while the second part is recommended for students with diagnostic scores ranging from 5.5-6 (IELTS) and 80-84 (TOEFL). Each program utilizes the communicative and performance-based approaches.
The Advanced Grammar program also consists of two parts and are both recommended for students with diagnostic scores ranging from 6.5-7.0 (IELTS) and 85-101 (TOEFL). This program also utilizes the communicative and performance-based approaches, which will introduce students to familiar situations in both the IELTS and TOEFL.
In summary, the Jrooz English proficiency training programs
- strengthen foundation skills for writing and speaking;
- prepares students for IELTS & TOEFL and other English tests;
- are relevant to business and professional life;
- improves oral and written communication in English
- includes needs analysis and initial placement test
- may be availed of by individuals and corporations.
Benefits of studying English Proficiency with Jrooz
- Accelerates preparation for IELTS, TOEFL and other English tests.
- A Jrooz English program is specialized to the needs of the learners.
- Learning takes place in relaxed fully air conditioned classrooms.
- Each program utilizes a combination of workshop and performance-based approach allowing students to use their knowledge and apply skills in realistic situations.
- Ladderized programs where learners earn certification in one course before proceeding to a higher lever course.
- Day and evening classes are available.
- 1500 (for each Grammar course)
- 3500 for Unlimited (student can attend all courses)
Intermediate Grammar 201.
By the end of this course, students should be able to take part in routine conversations, write and understand simple written text, make notes and understand most of the general meaning of lectures, meetings, TV programmes and extract basic information from a written document.
Intermediate Grammar 202.
By the end of this course, students should be able to take part in extended conversations, write and understand most text, including a simple essay, understand most of a TV programme, presentation or lecture, but not technical or theoretical information. Students use English effectively.
Advanced Grammar 301.
By the end of this course, students should be able to take part in lengthy conversations & discussions; write and understand most text including formal, academic and professional documents; easily understand TV, plays, films, lectures and presentations. Students are able to use English in a range of culturally appropriate ways.
Advanced Grammar 302.
By the end of this course, students should increase understanding of the nuances of the language and engage in independent reading to develop your vocabulary further. Students at this level should be able to use English with ease and fluency, however, with occasional minor errors.
Advanced Grammar 303.
By the end of this course, students should be able to write well-written essays and speaking responses. Student output is expected to be clear, concise, coherent and cohesive. Students at this level should be able to use English with ease and fluency, although with minor errors.